The PackLess Project is Eramus + funded 30-months initiative which supports the implementation of zero waste packaging, where ‘zero waste’ (ZW) is understood as applying the 5R rule: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot.
The project follows directly the EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND COUNCIL DIRECTIVE
94/62/EC of 20.12.1994 on packaging and packaging waste, which lays down measures aimed at preventing the production of packaging waste and, as additional fundamental principles, at reusing packaging, recycling and other forms of recovering packaging waste and, therefore, at reducing the final disposal of such waste in order to contribute to the transition towards a circular economy.
The project also follows the new Circular Economy Action Plan (CEAP). With the Action Plan,
the Commission is taking a decisive step to transform Europe from a linear economy to a circular economy.
Packless project will deliver:
1. Increased Partners’ competencies & engagement in at least 2 fields: building sustainable organizations & designing digital tools based educational solutions for habits development
2. Greater awareness in Partner organisations regarding sustainable packaging choices leading to promoting them & aware procurement
3. Ignited process of active search for innovative solutions to SME sustainable transformation with Compendium of success stories & dedicated educational package
4. MOOC to support sustainability awareness in general & sustainable packaging models in particular & related habits development in the workplace for VET learners; OER in EN, PL,BG,DE for VET educators – a game changer in effective & fun learning & teaching new habits; will allow easy access to a wide range of users increasing SME learners’ motivation to accept sustainable transition of their organisations
5. Compendium for SMEs & VET educators with a modular curriculum structure (syllabus) in EN, PL,DE, BG, that can be used by VET providers & SME owners & managers for educating SME staff and leaders responsible for the selection of packaging, selection of suppliers, distribution and logistics; it will contain methodology for VET educators to design digital resources- based curricula for green work behaviors development
6. MOOC & Compendium promoted & disseminated in 4 countries through a series of activities online & face-to-face.
The project will be implemented by five partner organizations in four EU countries (Germany, Austria, Poland and Bulgaria).
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.